Palestinian Centre for Human Rights (PCHR) Weekly Report on Israeli Human Rights Violations in the Occupied Palestinian Territory
Summary for September, 9 – 15, 2021
Israeli forces continued to commit crimes and multi-layered violations against Palestinian civilians and their properties, including raids into Palestinian cities that are characterized with excessive use of force, assault, abuse, and attacks on civilians, turning the West Bank into isolated blocks of land. Israeli settlement expansion on Palestinian properties and land continued. The Israeli settlement expansion works continued on Palestinian lands and properties. Meanwhile, the Gaza Strip enters its 15th year under closure, exacerbating the humanitarian hardships across the territory.
Army shooting and violation of right to bodily integrity:
Israeli forces shot and killed a Palestinian man after leaving him to bleed to death after an Israeli police officer shot him allegedly for attempting a stab attack in Jerusalem. Also, 9 Palestinians were wounded, including a child, a woman, and a journalist in other army attacks across the West Bank. On 10 September 2021, the army killed 51-year-old physician, Hazem M. al-Joulani, who, allegedly, attempted a stab attack; he was left to bleed to his death after an Israeli policeman shot him near Bab al-Majlis, one of the al-Aqsa Mosque gates. Al-Joulani fell to the ground after being shot, and a soldier put his foot and kneeled on him without offering any first aid to him, leaving him to bleed to death.
Also, the army shot and wounded 9 others in the West Bank, a journalist was hit with tear gas canister in Hebron; 4 were wounded in army attacks on peaceful protests in Kafr Qaddum and Azzun, Qalqilya; 2 wounded in Bethlehem, one was accused of attempting a stab attack; 2 in Jerusalem, including a woman.
In the Gaza Strip, Israeli warplanes launched several airstrikes that destroyed a poultry farm and damaged agricultural lands.
Army incursions and arrests of Palestinian civilians:
The army carried out 122 incursions into the West Bank, including occupied East Jerusalem. Those incursions included raids of civilian houses and shootings, enticing fear among civilians, and attacking many of them. During this week’s incursions, 105 Palestinians were arrested, including 6 children and 4 women.
In the Gaza Strip, the occupation army conducted two limited incursions.
PCHR fieldworkers documented 1 violation;
Israeli closure policy and restrictions on freedom of movement:
The Israeli occupation authorities continued to ban the entry of dozens of goods, including construction materials, in collective punishment measures against the Gaza Strip as the Israeli closure imposed on the territory entered its 15th year, without an end in sight that would fulfil Palestinians’ right to enjoy their economic, social, and cultural rights. Meanwhile, the occupation authorities continued to divide the West Bank into separate cantons with key roads blocked by the Israeli occupation since the 2000 Second Intifada -still closed to this date- and with temporary and permanent checkpoints, where civilian movement is restricted, and they are subject to arrest, especially at al-Karama border crossing, alongside the Palestinian-Jordanian border.
I. Shooting and other Violations of the Right to Life and Bodily Integrity
• At approximately 15:00 on Thursday, 10 September 2021, a group of Palestinians gathered near the Israeli military checkpoint at al-Shuhadaa St. in Hebron. They threw rocks at the checkpoint and the soldiers fired live bullets at them. The soldiers chased the group in Bab al-Zawiya area and in Abul-Hams St. and arrested 17-year-old Mohammed Ahmed Abu-Dawoud after a soldier pinned him against a cement cube and several others joined in assaulting him. The clashes continued until 20:00 and the soldiers fired tear gas canisters throughout. As a result, 34-year-old photojournalist, Nedal M. al-Natsha, was hit with a tear gas canister in his right knee and he was taken to hospital for treatment.
• At approximately 20:00, Israeli soldiers fired tear gas canisters and stun grenades by al-Aroub refugee camp entrance, alleging that a military watchtower in the area was attacked with rocks. A number of soldiers patrolled the camp, and a group of Palestinians gathered and threw rocks at them; the soldiers fired tear gas canisters. The clashes continued until 22:30 and no arrests were reported.
• At approximately 22:00, a group of Palestinians gathered in southern Dura and threw rocks at a military watchtower in the area. soldiers chased them and fired live bullets at them. No injuries or arrests were reported.
• Following Friday prayer, 10 September 2021, soldiers broke a peaceful sit-in in solidarity with Palestinians in Israeli jails at al-Aqsa Mosque in occupied East Jerusalem. The forcibly evacuated the premises and arrested 3 persons, including a child.
• At approximately 13:30, soldiers stationed at the northern entrance to Kafr Qaddum in Qalqilya suppressed a peaceful protest led by dozens of Palestinian civilians. Soldiers chased the protestors and clashed with them; the army fired bullets, tear gas canisters and stun grenades. As a result, 3 Palestinians sustained rubber-bullet wounds in their upper and lower extremities.
• Also on Friday, the army killed a Palestinian man after leaving him to bleed to death after an Israeli police officer shot him near one of al-Aqsa Mosque gates in occupied East Jerusalem. The victim, a Palestinian physician, was suspected of conducting a stab attack; he fell to the ground after being shot at, and a soldier put his foot and kneeled on him without offering any first aid to him, leaving him to bleed out.
• At approximately 21:00, soldiers assaulted a peaceful protest against the rearrest of 4 Palestinians who fled Galboa prison earlier this month. The protest took place near Qalandia checkpoint, northern occupied East Jerusalem; the protestors held photos of the prisoners and chanted slogans in their support, they held the Israeli occupation responsible for their lives and those of all other Palestinians in Israeli jails. The army fired tear gas canisters heavily at the protestors, which led to clashes in the area that lasted for hours – this caused an intense traffic jam in the area.
• At approximately 22:00, soldiers assaulted a peaceful protest at Bethlehem’s northern entrance and arrested a protestor. The protest was in support of the 6 prisoners who broke out of Galboa prison. According to PCHR investigations, dozens of Palestinians organized small protests that roamed Bethlehem and met near Belal Bin Rabah Mosque in the northern part of the city. Upon reaching the mosque, soldiers arrived there and fired tear gas canisters intensely at the protestors causing clashed near Israeli military checkpoint 300 that went on for hours. The army arrested 18-year-old Mohammed A. al-Hamoud from Aida refugee camp.
• Also around 22:00, a group of Palestinians gathered near al-Aroub refugee camp entrance where the army has a military watchtower. They threw stones at the watchtower, and soldiers chased them whilst firing tear gas canisters at them. As a result, several stone-throwers suffocated due to tear gas inhalation. The clashes continued until 23:30, and the army arrested 11-year-old child, Malek M. Jawabra and took him to “Gush Etzion” detention center.
• At approximately 3:20 on Saturday, 11 September 2021, Israeli warplanes bombed an armed group’s site in Deir al-Balah causing an asbestos canopy to go on fire, damaging 20 asbestos bars and 10 water hoses. No injuries were reported.
• At approximately 03:30, Israeli warplanes fired three missiles on an agricultural land in eastern Beit Hanoun, northern Gaza. The land was partially damaged and no injuries were reported.
• At approximately 00:30, the army at Eyal military checkpoint in Qalqilya assaulted a protest led by Palestinians, chased, and clashed with them. Soldiers fired tear gas canisters and stun grenades at the protestors, many suffocated due to tear gas inhalation. The army arrested Ahmed N. Ouda (17) and Aysar M. Abu-Sneineh (18).
• At approximately 13:30, soldiers stationed near Azzun, eastern Qalqilya, assaulted a protest and chased Palestinians causing clashes in the area. Soldiers fired rubber-coated bullets and tear gas canisters at the protestors. 14-year-old Nadim M. Isleem sustained a rubber coated steel bullet wound in the face.
• At approximately 18:30, dozens of Palestinians gathered in Bethlehem near a military checkpoint 300; they set tires on fire and threw stones and Molotov cocktails at the Israeli military watchtower. The army attacked them with rubber-coated bullets and tear gas canisters, resulting in a fire at St. Michael Hotel after a tear gas canister fell inside a room. Sameeh Kh. Assakreh (48) sustained burns across his body after a tear gas canister hit him while passing by in the area.
• At approximately 22:30, dozens of Palestinians gathered at the western entrance to al-‘Isawiya, Jerusalem, and threw stones and Molotov cocktails at the army. Soldiers then chased them in Obaid neighborhood and mounted the rooftops of several civilian homes while firing rubber-coated bullets and tear gas canisters heavily in the area. As a result, Ahmed H. Obaid (23) sustained minor wounds after a rubber-bullet hit him in the foot and he was taken to a clinic for treatment. Israeli forces also arrested Waseem R. Klaib (20).
• At approximately 02:45 on Sunday, 12 September 2021, Israeli warplanes launched two missiles at a poultry farm (400sqm) in Rafah. The airstrike destroyed the farm completely. No injuries were reported.
• At approximately 17:30, soldiers moved into At-Tur neighborhood in occupied East Jerusalem after an Israeli settler ran over Waleed S. Abul-Hawa. Palestinians gathered in the site and the army forcibly evacuated the area and clashed with them. The clashes lasted for several hours and soldiers raided al-Makassed Hospital and fired rubber-coated bullets wounding Raghda I. Abul-Hawa with a rubber bullet in the head; she was taken to the emergency room and her condition was reported as moderate. The army arrested 3 Palestinians before withdrawing from the area and took them to an unknown destination: Khaled R. Abu-Sbitan (18); Daniel Z. Abu-Nassra (19); and Hussam A. Abul-Rokab (21).
• At approximately 19:00, a number of young men gathered near the entrance to al-‘Aroub refugee camp in northern Hebron, as the army established a checkpoint near the western entrance. The young men threw stones at the watchtower and the Israeli soldiers deployed in the area and chased the stone-throwers as well as firing tear gas canisters at them. As a result, some of them suffocated to teargas inhalation. Meanwhile, the army closed the entrance leading to the refugee camp, stopped vehicles, checked passengers’ IDs, and held the passers-by. Moreover, Israeli forces arrested 3 civilians, including a child, namely Kamel Ibrahim Abu Hashhash (17); Salim Mazen Jawabra (22); Mohammed Ahmed Abu Tamma’ah (26) and Islam Mohammed Banat (19).
• On Monday, 13 September 2021, the army critically wounded a Palestinian from Beit Fajjar village, south of Bethlehem, allegedly for carrying out a stabbing attack near the intersection leading to the “Gosh ‘Etzion” settlement compound, south of the City. Although he was injured and lying on the ground, a number of settlers attacked him while the Israeli forces were watching. The Israeli soldiers hindered giving first aid to him and even prevented the Palestinian medic from approaching him.
II. Incursions and arrests
• At approximately 01:00, the army arrested Abdul Rahim Mohammed Darabea’ (22), after raiding and searching his house in Dura, southwest of Hebron governorate.
• At approximately 19:00, the army arrested Morad Hazem al-Sayyad (21) and Omar Mo’amar Abu al-Hawa (20), after raiding and searching their houses in al-Tur neighborhood, east of the occupied East Jerusalem’s Old City.
• At approximately 21:40, the army arrested Yazan Rami Darwish (20), from Qusra village, southeast of Nablus, while passing through a temporary military checkpoint established at the entrance of the village.
• At approximately 02:00, the army arrested Akram Abdul Kareem Daraghmah (22), after raiding and searching his house in Qusra, southeast of Nablus governorate.
• At approximately 02:30, the army arrested Basema Abdullah ‘Aarda (35), and her brothers, Ra’ed (42) and Mohammed (48), after raiding and searching their houses in Arraba, southwest of Jenin governorate. It should be noted that the arrestees are the siblings of Mahmoud al-‘Aarda, one of the 6 prisoners who escaped from Gilboa prison last Monday before he was re-arrested.
• Around the same time, the army arrested Yousef Ra’fat Ghawadrah (55) and Ra’fat Ya’qoub Ghawadrah (24), after raiding and searching their houses in Bir al-Basha village, southwest of Jenin governorate. It should be noted that the arrestees are the relatives of one of the 6 prisoners who escaped from Gilboa prison.
• At approximately 17:00, the army arrested Ayda Mohammed al-Sidawi (59), while present near Bab al-Majlis, one of the Aqsa Mosque’s Gates in the occupied East Jerusalem’s Old City.
• At approximately 03:20, the army arrested Nour al-Shalabi (26), after raiding and searching his house in the occupied East Jerusalem’s Old City.
• At approximately 04:05, the army arrested 3 civilians after raiding and searching their houses in Ya’bad, southwest of Jenin governorate. The arrestees are: Majd Ahmed Baj’awi (26), Amjad Jaber Hamaresha (24), and Essam Amro Qaniri (28).
• At approximately 11:00, the army deployed in Hebron’s Old City’s neighborhoods arrested Ahmed Mohammed Boja (18), from Hebron, after stopping him at one of the checkpoints around the Ibrahimi Mosque.
• At approximately 13:00, the army arrested (7) civilians from al-Dowar area in Sa’ir, north of Hebron, while present in Rujm al-Naqah area in the city. The arrestees are: Hamad Ahmed Jabarin (25), Jalal Eisa Jabarin (40), Lo’ay Mohammed Jabarin (39), Ra’ed Abdul Ra’ouf Jabarin (34), Tamim Abdul Ra’ouf Jabarin (36), Mahmoud Mousa Jabarin (32) and Mohannad Monjed Jabarin (33).
• At approximately 14:40, the army arrested ‘Anan Mofeed Moqbel and Banan Fo’ad Moqbel, from Kafr Thulth village, east of Qalqilya, while grazing sheep in the eastern side of Azzun, east of Qalqilya. The army released them after a couple of hours.
• At approximately 19:30, the army arrested Malik Mohammed Dibah (22) while passing through Shu’afat refugee camp’s checkpoint, northeast of the occupied East Jerusalem.
• The army carried out (5) incursions in Arraba, Nazlat Zayd, Araqah and Hashimiyah villages in Jenin governorate; and Shufa village, south of Tulkarm. No arrests were reported.
• At approximately 00:30, soldiers arrested Khaled Haitham Rayyan (23) and Adnan Azzam Mir’i (25), after raiding and searching their houses in Qarawat Bani Hassan, west of Salfit.
• At approximately 03:20, soldiers arrested Omar Hamza al-Shaloudi (18), after raiding and searching his house in Silwan, south of the occupied East Jerusalem’s Old City.
• At approximately 10:00, soldiers arrested Abdul Rahman Izzat Mir’i (30), while present near Omar Abu Laila rotatory “Ari’el”, claiming that he was in possession of a knife.
• At approximately 13:30, soldiers arrested a number of students while getting out of Teqoa Secondary School for boys in Wadi al-Halqum in Teqoa village, east of Bethlehem. soldiers field investigated them and arrested (4) children. The arrestees are: Atiya Mohammed al-‘Ammour (15), Ghaith Eisa Jebril (14), Hussam Murad al-‘Ammour (16) and his brother, Wissam (14).
• At approximately 16:15, soldiers arrested (3) civilians while passing through a temporary military checkpoint established at the entrance of Nabi Saleh village, northwest of Ramallah, and released them later. The arrestees are: Mo’tasem Khalil al-Tamimi (25), Mohammed Mojahed al-Tamimi (20), and Ahmed Sami Owda (22).
• Israeli forces carried out (3) incursions in Azzun village, east of Qalqilya; Qarawat Bani Hassan and Kifl Haris villages in Salfit governorate. No arrests were reported.
• At approximately 02:30, Israeli forces arrested Emad Fo’ad Kamamji (35) and his cousin, Qaysar Naser Kamamji (30), after raiding and searching their houses in Kafr Dan village, west of Jenin governorate. It should be noted that Emad is the brother of Ayham Kamamji, one of the 6 prisoners who escaped from Gilbo’a prison.
• At approximately 03:55, Israeli forces arrested Mohammed Abdul Qader ‘Amira (50), after raiding and searching his house in Ni’lin village, west of Ramallah.
• At approximately 04:00, Israeli forces arrested Izz al-Dein Mowafaq al-Badawnah (33), after raiding and searching his house in Aida refugee camp, north of Bethlehem.
• At approximately 04:00, Israeli forces arrested Mothhir Bahaa’ Sa’eed and Jamal Hazem al-Rashq, after raiding and searching their houses in Anata village, northeast of the occupied East Jerusalem.
• At approximately 05:00, Israeli forces arrested Yousef Mahmoud al-Lahham (45), after raiding and searching his house in Dheisha refugee camp, south of Bethlehem.
• At approximately 06:00, Israeli forces arrested Yaser Ahmed Qatanani (22), after raiding and searching his house in Hable village, south of Qalqilya.
• At approximately 06:20, Israeli forces arrested Mohammed Ramzi Shawka (20) after raiding and searching his house in Abu Njeim village, east of Bethlehem.
• At approximately 08:00, Israeli forces reinforced with several military vehicles moved 50 meters from Zikim Military Base, northwest of Beit Lahia, north of the Gaza Strip, to the west of the border fence with Israel. They leveled and combed lands that were previously combed amidst a sporadic shooting until at approximately 10:00, but no casualties were reported.
• At approximately 14:00, Israeli forces arrested Sa’oud Mohammed Dababsah (51), after raiding and searching his house in Khallet al-Dabaa, east of Yatta, south of Hebron governorate.
• At approximately 15:25, Israeli forces arrested Sharihan Abdullah Shawka (33), after raiding and searching her house on al-Saf street in Bethlehem, in an attempt to put pressure on her husband, Hasan Hasanin Shawka (34), to surrender himself. At approximately 20:00, Hasan surrendered himself to the Israeli Intelligence Services in “Gush Etzion” settlement. It should be noted that Hasan Shawka is a former prisoner who spent 12 years in the Israeli prisons, including 8 under the administrative arrest.
• At approximately 18:00, Israeli forces arrested Abdul Rahman Shadi Musleh (21), while passing through a temporary military checkpoint established near the entrance of al-Jalazone refugee camp, north of Ramallah.
• At approximately 19:30, Israeli forces stationed at a gate adjacent to the annexation wall in the southern area of Ni’lin, west of Ramallah, severely beaten and arrested Mustafa Khalil ‘Amira (14) and Mohammed Saleh ‘Amira (13), while bike-racing inside their agricultural land. Israeli forces released them after 3 hours.
• At approximately 23:00, Israeli forces arrested Zaid Khaled Abu Zagharit (21), after raiding and searching his house in al-‘Aroub refugee camp, north of Hebron.
• Israeli forces carried out (3) incursions in Arraba, Ya’bad and Yamun villages in Jenin governorate. No arrests were reported.
• At approximately 01:20, Israeli forces arrested Shaher Ghazi al-Sharha (30), after raiding and searching his house in Kuseise village, east of Dura, southwest of Hebron governorate.
• At approximately 01:30, Israeli forces arrested Khalil Abdul Karim al-Faroukh (30) and Hamada Anan Jaradat (27), after raiding and searching their houses in Sa’ir village, north of Hebron.
• Around the same time, Israeli forces arrested Hijazi Ali al-Qawasmah (36) and Isma’el Ayed al-Ja’bari (31), after raiding and searching their houses in Hebron.
• At approximately 02:00, Israeli forces arrested Abdullah Mohammed al-‘Awawedah (25), after raiding and searching his house in Dayr Samet village, southwest of Dura, southwest of Hebron governorate.
• At approximately 02:00, Israeli forces arrested (6) civilians after raiding and searching their houses in Bidu village, northwest of the occupied East Jerusalem. The arrestees are: Zahran Zahran (24), Mousa Zahran (49), Hamza Zahran (40), Majd Zahran (23), Abdullah Mansour (21), and Hisham Awwad (23).
• At approximately 02:45, Israeli forces arrested (3) civilians after raiding and searching their houses in al-Bireh, north of Ramallah governorate. The arrestees are: Majd Mohammed al-Sheikh (34), where (100,000 NIS) was confiscated from his house; Hamdi Hasan Rummanah (29), a former prisoner; and Qasam Qassam ‘Abed (20), a university student.
• At approximately 04:30, soldiers arrested Ahmed Khalil Kharma (26), after raiding and searching his house in Kafr Ein village, northwest of Ramallah.
• At approximately 03:00, Israeli forces arrested Hussein Abdul Qader Shawamerah (48) and his son, Isma’el (17), after raiding and searching their house in Dayr al-‘Asal village, west of Dura, southwest of Hebron governorate.
• Around the same time, Israeli forces arrested Murad Mahmoud Hureibat (29) and Mohammed Majed Hureibat (34), after raiding and searching their houses in Bayt al-Rosh village, west of Dura, southwest of Hebron governorate.
• At approximately 04:00, Israeli forces arrested Isma’el Abdullah al-‘Arouj (35), after raiding and searching his house in Harmala village, east of Bethlehem.
• At approximately 07:20, Israeli forces reinforced with 4 military bulldozers and a digger 50-100 meters to the west of the border fence, east of the Maghazi, in the Central Gaza Strip. They leveled and combed lands for several hours before they deployed again inside the border fence.
• At approximately 08:00, Israeli forces arrested Medhat Tareq al-Issawi (48), after raiding and searching his house in al-Isawiya village, northeast of the occupied East Jerusalem.
• At approximately 13:00, Israeli forces arrested a child, Khader Riyad Semrin (16) and his brother, Abdul Karim (15), after raiding and searching their house in Silwan, south of the occupied East Jerusalem’s Old City.
• At approximately 15:00, Israeli forces arrested Omar Mohammed Obaid (26), after raiding and searching his house in al-‘Isawiya village, northeast of the occupied East Jerusalem, after several hours of releasing him. Obaid was referred to al-Kishle police center then he was presented before the Israeli Magistrate’s Court on the next day, then he was released on conditions that banning him from organizing any ceremony for releasing him and signed a financial guarantee of 50,000 NIS in case of breach of condition. It should be noted that Obaid spent 6 years and half inside the Israeli prisons.
• At approximately 16:00, a group of undercover “Mista‘arvim” (Israeli Special Unit dressed like Palestinian civilians) sneaked into Huwwarah village, southeast of Nablus. They used a vehicle with a Palestinian registration palate and stationed near Huwwarah Gas Station located on the main street of the village, and arrested a child, Yousef Fo’ad Owda (16). Soldiers took him to an unknown destination.
• At approximately 18:30, the army arrested Nazzal Jamal Torkman (18) and a child, Mahmoud Naser Torkman (17), after raiding and searching their houses in Ya’bad, southwest of Jenin governorate.
• Soldiers carried out (2) incursions in Taibe and Jalamah villages in Jenin governorate. No arrests were reported.
• At approximately 01:20, Israeli forces moved into several neighborhoods in Yatta, south of Hebron governorate, and stormed (3) houses belonging to Anas Hasan Abu Arram (40), Khalil Mohammed Abu Arram (39), and Mahmoud Majed Zein (42), but no arrests were reported.
• At approximately 03:00, Israeli forces arrested Ahmed Mohammed al-Jayyousi (26) and Baker Mohammed Kharyoush (27), after raiding and searching their houses in Tulkarem refugee camp.
• At approximately 04:40, a group of undercover “Mista‘arvim” (Israeli Special Unit dressed like Palestinian civilians) sneaked into al-Irsal neighborhood in Ramallah. They used a vehicle with a Palestinian registration palate and stationed in front of Ja’far Aziz Kayed’s (21) house, a university student, and arrested him. Meanwhile, Israeli forces moved into the city to cover the Special Unit’s withdrawal.
• At approximately 11:00, an Israeli Special Unit arrested Ashraf Abdul Hafiz Thaher (26), after raiding and searching his house in Iktaba village in Tulkarem.
• Israeli forces carried out (4) incursions in al-Tabqa, Bayt Ula, Halhul and Bani Na’im villages in Hebron. No arrests were reported.
III. Settlement Expansion and settler violence in the West Bank
a. Demolitions, Confiscations, and Notices
• At approximately 14:00 on Wednesday, 15 September 2021, Israeli forces confiscated 2 concrete mixers and a crane belonging to al-Mersah Company in Qarawet Bani Hassan, west of Salfit, while preparing for the construction of a water well in Beer al-Sweed area in Deir Istiya village, north of Salfit under the pretext of working Area C that is under the Israeli control. The confiscated machinery was taken to nearby Yakir camp.
b. Settlers’ attacks on civilians and their property
• On Friday, 10 September 2021, a group of setters uprooted 50 olive seedlings in Wad al-Hajjar area in Kisan village, east of Bethlehem.
• At approximately 22:40, a group of settlers from “Kiryat Arba” settlement in eastern Hebron threw stones at a house belonging to ‘Abdel Jawad Mohammed Joude al-Ja’bari (42) in al-Ras area near the above-mentioned settlement and the Ibrahimi Mosque in the Old City. When Palestinian civilians attempted to confront the settlers, the army arrived at the area and provided protection for settlers. A number of soldiers then raided al-Ja’bari’s house, claiming they were searching for persons who attacked settlers. Meanwhile, a settler opened fire using his gun at Soliman Abu S’eifan’s house in Wad al-Hasin area when he was running from the southern settlement’s road towards al-Ja’abari’s house, where setters were present. No injuries were reported.
Jamal Abu S’eifan said to PCHR’s fieldworker that:
“I was with my relatives, who live near the fence of “Kiryat Arba” settlement in eastern Hebron, watching what was going on in the area next to our houses as there were settlers attacking al-Ja’abari family house there. Suddenly. We saw three settlers running in front of our houses towards al-Ras area. We started shouting at them, so one of them stopped and pulled his gun to fire 6 bullets at my cousin’s, Soliman, house and ran away back to the settlement. An army patrol arrived and then the Israeli police. We told him about what happened and filed a complaint against the settlers at the settlement’s police station.”