- Russian strikes hit Kyiv residential area, destroy apartment block
- Polish, Czech, Slovenian PMs to visit Ukraine on Tuesday
- Ukrainian official slams Yad Vashem over Zelenskyy’s speech request
- Putin needs a way out of Ukraine – but isn’t ready for it yet | Analysis
- Russian-Israeli oligarch Abramovich jets to Moscow after brief stop in Istanbul
The Russian offensive in Ukraine edged closer to central Kyiv on Tuesday even as the two countries kept open a narrow diplomatic channel with more planned talks.
Subscribe0:00– : –15Skip 15 seconds backwardsPlay audio15Skip 15 seconds ahead1XChange playback rate from 1 to 1.25Mute audio
Shortly before dawn, large explosions thundered across Kyiv. A series of Russian strikes hit a residential neighborhood in the capital, igniting a huge fire and a frantic rescue effort in a 15-story apartment building. At least one person was killed and others remain trapped inside.