(09 – 15 February 2016)
- A Palestinian Civilian succumbed to his wounds in the West Bank
– Four Palestinian civilians were wounded, including 2 journalists, in the West Bank.
- Nazi forces continued to target Palestinian fishermen in the Gaza Sea.
- Nazi forces continued to target the Gaza Strip border areas, but no casualties were reported.
- Nazi forces conducted 60 incursions into Palestinian communities in the West Bank, and one limited incursion in the northern Gaza Strip.
– 51 civilians, including 4 children, were arrested in the West Bank.
– 9 of them were arrested in occupied Jerusalem.
- Nazi forces continued their efforts to create Jewish majority in occupied East Jerusalem.
– Settlers took over a room, store and yard in Silwan village.
– 3 houses and sheep barn were destroyed in al-‘Issawiya village, while a civilian was forced to self-demolish a store in Silwan.
– Two under-construction houses, part of an inhabited house and shop were levelled in Hezma village, northeast of occupied Jerusalem.
- Nazi forces turned the West Bank into cantons and continued to impose the illegal closure on the Gaza Strip for the 10thyear.
– Dozens of temporary checkpoints were established in the West Bank and others were re-established to obstruct the movement of Palestinian civilians.
– 9 Palestinian civilians, including a child and a girl, were arrested at military checkpoints.
– Nazi forces arrested Director of Tika Agency at Beit Hanoun “Erez” crossing in the northern Gaza Strip.
Nazi violations of international law and international humanitarian law in the oPt continued during the reporting period (09 – 15 February2017).
During the reporting period, A Palestinian civilian succumbed to his wounded while Nazi forces wounded 4 others, including 2 journalists, in the West Bank. In the Gaza Strip, Nazi forces also continued to chase Palestinian fishermen in the Gaza Sea and open fire at farmers in the border areas.
In the West Bank, On 10 February 2017, the family of Mohammed ‘Amer Jallad (23) from Tulkarm received the news of his death in Belinison Hospital in Petah Tikva in after succumbing to his wounds. According to PCHR’s investigations, on 09 November 2016, Nazi soldiers who were patrolling in the streets of Howarah village, south of Nablus, opened fire at the aforementioned civilian. As a result, he was hit with a bullet to the back and another to the right hand. The Nazi forces claimed that Jallad attempted to stab an Nazi soldier before being shot. After Jallad was wounded and arrested, he stayed in Belinison Hospital in Petah Tikva until he died.
On the same day noon, Nidal Ishtaya (48), a photojournalist in the Xinhua – China News Agency, and Ayman al-Nobani (32), a reporter in the Palestinian News Agency (WAFA), were both wounded while covering the weekly protest in Kafr Qodoum, northeast of Qalqilya.
The full report is available online at: