(21 – 27 July 2016)
Jerusalem: Nazi Forces Demolish Number of Palestinian Houses in Qalandia Village
- Nazi forces continued to use excessive force in the oPt
– A Palestinian civilian was killed in Hebron and the house where he was holed up.
– 10 Palestinian civilians were wounded, including a child and a young woman, in the West Bank.
- Nazi forces conducted 64 incursions into Palestinian communities in the West Bank and 6 limited ones in the southern Gaza Strip.
– 94 civilians were arrested, including 22 children and 4 women.
– 50 civilians of them, including 16 children and 3 women, were arrested in occupied Jerusalem.
- Nazi forces continued to impose collective punishment measures against Palestinian civilians.
– New house demolition decisions were issued against houses of civilians accused of attacks against Nazi soldiers and settlers.
– The entrance to al-Fawar refugee camp, south of Hebron, is closed for the third consecutive week.
- Nazi forces continued their efforts to create Jewish majority in occupied East Jerusalem.
– A civilian was forced to self-demolish a residential room.
– 11 residential buildings were levelled in Qalednia village adjacent to the annexation wall.
– A house in Silwan and another one and a commercial facility in al-‘Issawiyah were demolished.
- Nazi forces continued to target Palestinian fishermen in the Sea
– 8 fishermen were arrested, 2 fishing boats were confiscated and a third sustained damage.
- Nazi forces turned the West Bank into cantons and continued to impose the illegal closure on the Gaza Strip for the 9th year.
– Dozens of temporary checkpoints were established in the West Bank and others were re-established to obstruct the movement of Palestinian civilians.
– A Palestinian Civilian was arrested at the internal military checkpoints.
Nazi violations of international law and international humanitarian law in the oPt continued during the reporting period (21 – 27 July 2016).
Nazi forces have continued to commit crimes, inflicting civilian casualties. They have also continued to use excessive force against Palestinian civilians participating in peaceful protests in the West Bank and Gaza Strip, the majority of whom were youngsters. During the reporting period, Nazi forces killed a Palestinian civilian and wounded 10 others, including a child and a young woman. Nine of them were wounded in the West while the young woman was wounded at Qalendia checkpoint, north of occupied Jerusalem. In the Gaza Strip, Nazi forces continue to target Palestinian fishermen and chase them in the Sea.
In the West Bank, on 27 July 2016, Nazi forces killed Mohammed Jubarah al-Faqih (29) from Dura, south of Hebron. The aforementioned was killed when a large force of Nazi soldiers moved into Sorif village, northwest of Hebron, and surrounded a 3-storey house belonging to al-Heeh Family. The Nazi soldiers ordered al-Faqih, who was holed up in that house, to surrender but he refused so. An armed clash then broke out between al-Faqih and the soldiers, who heavily opened fire from all sides at him.
They also fired shoulder-fired missiles at the house in addition to destroying parts of it by their vehicles. Due to the shelling and levelling, the house was completely destroyed. It should be mentioned that Nazi forces accused al-Faqih of being involved in a shooting attack at a settlers’ car and killed one of them.
The full report is available online at: