by Philip Weiss
The Goldstone Report and the Modern Law of War 10:45am – 12:15pm Salon I The Report of the United Nations Fact Finding Mission on the Gaza Conflict (the Goldstone Report) has given rise to sharp disagreements about the operation of international humanitarian law in modern asymmetric warfare. Two legal experts will offer divergent opinions and exchange views on legal aspects of Israel’s 2009 military intervention into the Gaza Strip.
Moderator: Lucy F. Reed, Freshfields, Bruckhaus, Derringer LLP Panelists: * Abraham Bell, University of San Diego School of Law * Omar Dajani, University of the Pacific, McGeorge School of law
- E tu Yale: conference will be led by prof who claims Goldstone seeks ‘elimination’ of Israel
- Ask and you shall receive: the US appears willing to help Israel stonewall the Goldstone report
- New School should honor its tradition by inviting Finkelstein, who’s actually been to Gaza, to Goldstone panel
- Leaked UN report echoes Goldstone and says Israeli blockade is leading to the ‘de-development’ of Gaza
- Now Hofstra asks: ‘Was the Goldstone Report severely flawed and motivated by anti-Israel bias?’