Jimmy Mubenga: .


Older readers will remember the security companies, Securicor and Group 4. They use to deliver money to banks, supply security guards or nightwatchmen.
That was what they use to do.
However, thanks to privatisation under Margaret Thatcher and aided by John Major Group 4 got a contract to transport prisoners around Britain. This was, of course, done on the cheap and led to many escapes and errors by Group 4, but the public money kept pouring into their coffers.
Later on, in 1992 Group 4 were allowed to open the first private prison on Humberside, the Wolds Remand Centre. It suffered many problems and was routinely condemned for incompetence, again things done on the cheap. In 1999 Group 4 was stripped of its contract, such were its inadequacies
Later on it merged with Securicor to form G4S. By doing the grunt work, on the cheap, G4S has made a fortune and has its claws into much of the public sector.
They are the company responsible for Mr. Mubenga’s death.
The Gaurdian has more:

“Kevin Wallis, a passenger on the aircraft, said he had been sitting across the aisle from Mubenga and watched as three security guards restrained him with what he believed to be excessive force.
Wallis said he heard Mubenga complain: “I can’t breathe, I can’t breathe” for at least 10 minutes before he lost consciousness, and later observed that handcuffs had been used in the restraint.
Last night, police confirmed that they were investigating the death of Mubenga, who they said was “deported from the UK under escort by three civilian security guards”.
“Inquiries continue to establish the full circumstances of the incident,” a Scotland Yard spokesman said. “There have been no arrests.”
The guards worked for G4S, a private security firm contracted to oversee . In a statement, G4S said a man “became unwell” on a flight while being deported.
The wording was echoed by the Home Office, which said Mubenga had “taken ill” – but Wallis, who described having the clearest view of any passenger on the aircraft, said that account was “absolute rubbish”.
The 58-year-old, an oil engineer from Redcar, said he became aware a man was in distress as soon as he boarded BA flight 77, bound for Luanda, at around 8pm.
Speaking on the phone from Soyo, in the northern province of Angola, he described how he heard Mubenga “moaning and groaning” as though in pain.
His leather jacket had been taken off, and some passengers had been moved away.
He said two security guards were sitting either side of Mubenga and “holding him down”.”

It has more here.

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published.