by Philip Weiss
Jennifer Rubin at Commentary passes this report on with credulity (maybe because it reflects the Podhoretz family’s views?):
An elderly couple from Florida were agitated by recent events. The wife explained she that had fled Nazi Germany as a child for Shanghai. “There are parallels,” she said. “This is depressing. It’s scary.” She said that she had argued with her liberal friends during the campaign about Obama’s associations with anti-Israel figures. “My mother always said where there is smoke, there is fire,” she explained, then added wearily, “They didn’t listen.” She bemoaned the fact that Jews’ political activities are fragmented on issues like global warming. “There are plenty of people to do that,” she said. “Where are they on Israel?”
That’s just a sampling, but it gives you a sense of the angst. This is not a crowd that is celebrating. They are worried. Very worried.
1. Obama Needs to Fill the F.W. De Klerk Job
2. ‘Obama– don’t be a slave to AIPAC,’ Israeli veteran pleads
3. Germany mimics Obama Administration on settlements
4. Former AIPAC ‘delegate’ is leading bizarro legal crusade claiming Obama isn’t eligible to be president
5. Foxman likens Palestinians to Nazi–and Mitchell to Switzerland!